We pride ourselves on having a good and always improving attendance record.
We encourage regular attendance by:
- Providing a caring and welcoming learning environment and learning that is such fun that children will not want to miss it.
- Responding promptly to a child’s or parent’s concerns about the academy or other pupils.
- Marking registers accurately and punctually during morning and afternoon registration.
- Publishing and displaying attendance statistics.
- Celebrating good and improved attendance.
- Monitoring pupils, informing parents/carers in writing of irregular attendance, arranging meetings with them if necessary.
We expect that you will:
- Always encourage regular school attendance and be aware of your legal responsibilities.
- Always ensure that your child arrives at the academy punctually and fully prepared for the academy day.
- Ensure that you contact the academy whenever your child is unwell and unable to attend the academy.
- Contact the school by 9.15 am on the first day of your child’s absence and telephone every day thereafter unless your child has a doctor’s certificate.
- Contact us promptly whenever any problem occurs that may keep your child away from the academy.
Failure to attend school
‘Failure to attend school regularly can have a major impact on young people’s education, their future and their life chances’.
We have a comprehensive Attendance and Absence in Term Time Policy. Absences are strongly discouraged. A copy of this policy is available on request at the school office. Penalty notices may be used as a deterrent to prevent a pattern of unauthorised absences developing.
Absence Request Form